The average lifetime your floor will bring varies depending on the type of materials that you’ve chosen. On average, most homeowners can enjoy 20 years or more with their flooring. There are many things that can impact this time, however. Hardwood lasts well above 20 years on average.
When should you update the flooring in the home? Take it on a room by room basis or replace the flooring throughout the home when you notice signs that suggest that time has arrived.
What are those signs? The following signs are among the many that suggest it’s time to update your flooring with the help of a professional.
· Notice cracks in the flooring? It is time to call a professional for replacement at once. Cracks get bigger and may damage the hardwood underneath the floor, leading to significant structural damage.
· The floor is damaged. Regardless of the age of the flooring, it’s time to repair or replace when significant damages occur. It is not only unappealing but can also be dangerous.
· The flooring no longer matches your decor.
· You’re reading this blog post. You’ve obviously thought long and hard about updating the flooring if you are here. You don’t need an excuse to update the flooring if you know you want a new look.
· The flooring is older than 20 years old. It is time to replace old flooring. You probably will appreciate the added update to the decor of the house in the process.
The above signs that you need new flooring in the home are only some of the many signs that you should consider and call a pro when it is time. When you need new flooring, call handyman services near me in columbus, oh for professional work done at a great price.